GUILD Consignment Center Hingham Congregational Church
ADA Compliance Plan
The GUILD Consignment Center, located in the lower level of the Hingham Congregational Church, welcomes all community members and patrons. The following plan will provide individuals with disabilities to access our non-profit business, receive the benefits of our resources, and develop interpersonal relationships with our staff.
- Handicapped parking spaces are available in close proximity to the Consignment Center.
- From the parking area, an intercom system located in the accessible elevator lobby connects directly with the Consignment Center.
- Upon receiving a call via the intercom, a volunteer staff member [docent] will come to the door, welcome a patron, and bring him/her into the building. The patron will be made comfortable and informed of accessible toilet facilities and changing room.
- The docent will then engage in conversation with the patron to determine the type of inventory he/she is seeking and will suggest what may be available in the Consignment Center. When an understanding of the patron’s needs has been clarified, the patron will take photos of a corresponding selection of merchandise in the lower level and bring these and/or sample items to the patron for review.
- When and if the patron desires to make a purchase, the docent will take the merchandise tag along with payment to the register, complete the sale, and return to assist the patron as needed to a comfortable exit.
- All Consignment Center volunteer docents will bring awareness of the needs of individuals with disabilities and will have been trained to serve in alignment with this plan.